Intern Job Description
Position Available: February 1, 2024
Position Ends: April 15, 2024
At PozerskiHatch, we provide an environment where our employees thrive, have opportunities to learn and grow, are exposed to a wide range of attest and tax work across a variety of industries and receive personalized training and career advice. In short, we offer a unique opportunity for our employees to be part of a growing firm and have a say in its future.
As an intern, you will provide both audit and tax services to clients across a range of industries. You will utilize your educational and work experience to their fullest and make a significant impact on the teams and engagements to which you are assigned.
- Prepare individual, corporate, partnership and not-for-profit tax returns
- Assist with audits, reviews, compilations, and other attest services for clients across a range of industries
- Prepare financial statements and related disclosures, client communication letters and other reports and deliverables
- Work to detect control deficiencies, fraud and fraud risks, non-compliance with laws, regulations, and accounting policies and opportunities to improve processes and communicates such findings to clients and engagement teams
- Conduct research and works on special projects as needed
- Continuously expand overall knowledge based on exposure to engagements, training, and continuing education
- Handle routine client questions and works with client to collect necessary information to complete engagements
- Support multiple client engagements and partners and delivers work products on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress
- Professionally represent the Firm with clients
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- General knowledge of accounting principles and/or regulations impacting each engagement or project and reporting of financial data
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office products.
- Reliable transportation and ability to potentially travel to client sites.
- Competitive hourly pay rate
- Will work with student to help them obtain class credit, if applicable
PozerskiHatch is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.